Bardstown Early Childhood will have an Open House on Thursday, February 23 from 5 - 7PM. Parents of children who will be 3 or 4 years old by August 1 of this year are invited to tour the facility and talk with Principal Michelle Sharp and teachers and staff about what our program can offer them and their child.
Information about Bardstown Early Childhood:
- All teachers have Bachelor's or Master's degrees in Early Childhood Education.
- All teacher assistants are specially trained in Early Childhood.
- BECE students who entered kindergarten in 2016 scored an average of 20 points higher than the state average on kindergarten readiness screening.
- Speech, physical, and occupational therapy services provided on-site.
- Sessions are half-day, either morning or afternoon.
- Indoor and outdoor recreation areas.
- Electronic SmartBoards and iPads in each classroom.
Registration for the 2017-2018 school year for Early Childhood will be Friday, April 28 from 8:00AM - 6:00PM at the Early Childhood Center located at 980 Templin Avenue.
Attention Nelson County School District families: If you wish to enroll your child in Bardstown Early Childhood, you must register on Registration Day, April 28. Children who attend Bardstown Early Childhood have priority status for kindergarten admission to Bardstown City Schools, although admission is not guaranteed due to out of district agreement.
Bardstown Early Childhood is located at 980 Templin Avenue, next to Bardstown Primary School. Please call Early Childhood if you need additional information - 331-8804.