Registration for both the Bardstown Early Childhood Three- and Four-Year-Old Programs and for Kindergarten at Bardstown Primary School will be held Friday, March 27, 2015 from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. at the Bardstown Early Childhood Center, 980 Templin Avenue.
Three- and Four-Year Old Bardstown Early Childhood Program Registration
The Bardstown Early Childhood Education Center provides a half-day program carefully designed to meet the physical, social and learning needs of three- and four-year-old children. Certified teachers in Early Childhood Education and specially trained assistant teachers work within a beautifully designed facility to ensure a warm and welcoming educational experience for Bardstown City Schools’ youngest learners.
Application to the Early Childhood program should be completed as early as possible, due to limited space. To register for the 2015-2016 Early Childhood program, children must be three or four years old on or before August 1, 2015. Convenient bus transportation is provided for children who live within the Bardstown City School District. Reliable, accredited childcare services also are available for those who need it.
A $30.00 non-refundable registration fee is required. However, if you have a child who has a disability or your income is below a certain level, you are not required to pay the registration fee.
Please bring the following to registration:
From your child’s doctor or health department:
1. A current Kentucky immunization certificate.
2. Kentucky Physical Examination form.
3. Kentucky Eye Examination (completed by an eye doctor)
For questions regarding medical record requirements please contact
Dawn Hill, school nurse, at 502-331-8933 or email@example.com
Additional forms required:
- Proof of residence such as a lease agreement of utility/cable bill in your name.
2. Birth Certificate -- if you do not have your child’s birth certificate, an application is included in the registration packet.
3. A copy of your child’s Social Security card (optional). If you do not have one, please call 1-800-772-1213.
HEAD START PROGRAM: Information about the Head Start Pre-School program services and applications for Head Start will be available at the Early Childhood Education Center during registration.
Bardstown Primary School Kindergarten Registration
If you have a child who will be entering Kindergarten at Bardstown Primary School who has not been enrolled at the Bardstown Early Childhood Center, you have the opportunity to register him/her on March 27, 2015, between 8:30 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. at the BARDSTOWN EARLY CHILDHOOD CENTER, 980 Templin Avenue. In order to enter Kindergarten, children must be 5 years of age by October 1, 2015.
Bardstown City Schools offers a full-day Kindergarten program at Bardstown Primary School located at 1000 Templin Avenue, close to the corner of Chambers Boulevard and Templin Avenue. Bardstown Primary School is devoted to the education of students in Kindergarten through second grade.
The following information is needed on Registration Day for Kindergarten students:
1. Child’s Social Security Number.
2. Original Birth Certificate (issued from the state in which the child was born; not the hospital certificate). Applications for birth certificates are available upon request.
3. Kentucky Physical Examination Form
4. A current Kentucky Immunization Certificate
5. Kentucky Eye Examination Form (completed by an eye doctor)
6. Dental Examination Form
In addition, proof of residency is required such as a
lease agreement or utility/cable bill with name and address.
Note: Children who attended the Bardstown Early Childhood Education Program for Four-Year-Olds and turned in the physical, immunization and eye exam forms will not be required to turn in another copy for Kindergarten. The dental examination is a requirement for all students entering Kindergarten.
For additional information, please call (502) 331-8804. Please bring the required information with you on registration day. We look forward to having your child with us for the 2015-2016 school year.